Monday, November 24, 2008

sick ink brah

So I'm in need of a new tattoo.

I'm strongly considering going to New York Adorned for my next one. Honestly, I would be hard pressed to do a lot better. They have a great roster of super-talented artists. My boy Jay recently got a half sleeve done by Stephanie Tamez, and it looks spectacular. There's a word I don't use too often!

She also is responsible for this awesome tattoo I unwittingly have admired on a waitress at this place in the East Village. She's got this effing sick peacock on her back, and I've always thought it was simultaneously mind blowingly hot and just a beautiful illustration. So I was pretty suprised when Jay and I went by and flipped through her portfolio to find it in there. Heck I'd know that peacock anywhere!

I'm still thinking it over while I get closer and closer to specifically what I want done, but she's a great artist. Hell, Adorned is run by the GREAT Chris O'Donnell (not the actor) so you know everyone's an amazing artist. I've also heard a lot of good things about Shinji.

So there you have it, folks. Erik is thinking about doing this thing and maybe having someone do it, but he's not sure who. What an insightful post!

No comments: